Famous management consultant Peter Drucker once said, "You can't improve what you don't measure." Sounds cool, right?
Search engine optimization is the practice of getting website pages more visible on SERP in order to capture more relevant and targeted traffic. Your task does not end here when you implement the necessary SEO strategies to make your website stand out in search engine results pages. Tracking its results to ensure the continuation of the work you do is as important as implementing these strategies and covers a large part of your efforts. For this, SEO reporting tools come to your rescue.
For example, with heybooster's Monthly SEO Performance Summary Reports, you can track the return on your SEO investments and evaluate your SEO Strategy. You can get SEO-related metrics such as impressions, clicks, click-through rate, and average position through such SEO monitoring tools and evaluate the success of your SEO strategy through them. Monitoring SEO performance will give you valuable insights into your marketing efforts.
Why Is It Important to Track the ROI of SEO to Build a Killer SEO Strategy?
If you do not want to waste time while practicing the digital marketing of your business, you should keep track of each strategy you apply. Providing follow-up means measuring the efficiency of the efforts you have made so far, and not wasting your time and energy at the same time. Instead of constantly developing a new SEO strategy by measuring the Return on Investment of your SEO, you can achieve more with less time and energy by improving what you already have but not seeing much benefit from, and you can build a killer SEO strategy. Not to mention increasing your organic visibility at the same time.
What Are the Advantages of Tracking the ROI of SEO?
Tracking your ROI of SEO provides you with many advantages; some of them are listed below:
- Increasing your organic engagement and visibility
- Reaching a higher position on Search engine results pages
- Gaining experience and performing more efficient optimizations for future SEO campaigns
- Optimizing your failures by seeing your success points
- Saving time and money
It's time to start accessing all these advantages in the easiest way, join the heybooster family now!
How to Track SEO ROI
As we mentioned before, you need to follow certain metrics in order to track the return on investments of your SEO efforts. To track these metrics, many SEO reporting tools are available to you. Both free and paid options include Google Search Console, Semrush, Ahrefs's Keyword Rank Checker.
heybooster, which is much more practical than the others, is of course still on the stage! With heybooster, you can get detailed reports on every metric you want and evaluate them. Moreover, unlike other tools, heybooster does not have a complex structure, so you do not have to get lost in a complex data pool as it offers you maximum user convenience. By taking the Monthly SEO Performance Summary, you can regularly evaluate how efficient your optimizations are every month and you can measure your SEO performance.
Some Important Metrics to Track Your SEO ROI
1. Keyword Rankings: One of the basic building blocks of SEO is the use of keywords while creating content, and therefore it is essential to track the keyword ranking. In order to measure the success of your content optimization, you should take into account the ranking of the keywords you use. In this way, you can track which keywords bring the most organic traffic to your website.
2. Search Rankings: The higher your website is on the search engine results pages, the more organic traffic you can attract. By following this metric, you can see how efficient your SEO performance is and make improvements.
3. Click-through Rate: Click Through Rate, which is determined by dividing the click rate of a link by the impression rate, is another metric that we can analyze to track SEO performance. Through this metric, you can see how well your web pages' titles are optimized. If you have a lot of impressions but a low click rate compared to this, it means that your website title or meta description is not interesting enough for potential visitors. Therefore, your click-through rate will be negatively affected.
4. Bounce Rate: The metric, which we call the Bounce rate, is the percentage of visitors who visit your website, visiting only one page and leaving your website. By following this metric, you can see the relevance of the keywords you selected while doing SEO to the search queries. If your content on your website is not relevant to the search query, your bounce rate will be high. If your bounce rate is high, you may consider planning a different content.
5. Organic Search Traffic: Another metric that you can best measure the efficiency of your SEO performance is organic search traffic. A high organic search traffic rate indicates that your SEO is working well.
Of course, it is impossible to track these KPIs manually. It is a tool that can provide you with any data you need, completely automatically, within seconds. And that tool is heybooster.
With heybooster, you can access the data you want with just a few clicks and perform the necessary analysis.
Challenges of Tracking SEO ROI with Google Analytics
Broad analysis of data is of critical importance. Because if you make analyzes focused on a single data, you can miss the situations that affect each other like dominoes. This is one of the most common challenges of tracking SEO ROIs. In order to prevent this, you need a system that will not only provide you with data from different points, but also bring them together to understand the domino effect.
Of course, no one wants to deal with manual data analysis for SEO ROI tracking, right? We don't think anyone is that patient😵
It is the most logical option to use a tool that will gather this data for you and make a detailed analysis for monitoring SEO performance. When you search for a tool that can do this for you, one of the first tools you will come across is Google Analytics. However, if you have not gained experience using Google Analytics before or if you have not spent hours doing detailed analysis, you may find yourself in a complex system. Because Google Analytics may seem like a labyrinth for you at first with its unique complex interface and usage system.
Don't worry! Of course, Google Analytics is not the only tool you can use. heybooster is ready to reach out to get you out of this complex maze! With heybooster, you can access accurate data and detailed analysis of these data, and look at the missing points from a wide angle.
How to Get Monthly SEO Performance Summary with heybooster to Track SEO ROI
1) The first thing you need to do to meet your new travel companion heybooster, which will save you time and energy, is to register.
2) Secondly, connect Google Search Console and heybooster from the page that opens by clicking on the Integrations title from the left side menu.
3) Then run the Monthly SEO Performance package by clicking the Insight Categories title from the menu on the left.
4) Select SEO KPI tracking chart from the last page that opens
5) And that's it! Now with heybooster, you can access your SEO KPI tracking chart whenever you want and see the data you want.
As a result, tracking your return on your investments will bring you positive returns in many ways. Thus, you can increase your overall marketing performance. Because you can see not only the parts you are missing but also the points you are good at, a strong outline will be created for you. These drafts will also be guiding you in the future. Moreover, tracking regularly will give you the chance to take quick action on the parts you are missing.