Hi there, in this video we'll cover how to set an alarm in Looker Studio, formerly known as Google Data Studio.
You can receive the reports you created in Google Data Studio by email, but there is no alarm mechanism to be aware of any changes in your metrics.
As you know, you can have the reports you create with Google Data Studio sent to your email address. However, unfortunately, it does not have a mechanism that allows you to be instantly aware of any changes in the metric data.
But don't worry! I'm going to offer you an excellent alternative that you can start right now for free. Here comes heybooster! Thanks to heybooster, you can get an instant alert when there is any change in your data.
Let's dive in!
- First, connect heybooster with the data source whose metrics you want to see.
- Go to the integrations page from the left panel and then select the data source you want to connect. I want to connect Google Analytics as an example.
- Make the necessary settings and click the "Add Data Source" button.
- heybooster has already prepared hundreds of metrics you may need automatically.
- Now, it's time to select the report you want to receive alerts for and then click the “Set a Notification” button.
- Then, you can decide on how often you want to receive this report. You can choose to receive notifications daily, weekly or whenever there is a change.
- And we've come to the last step! Finally, choose which channel you want to receive notifications through. With heybooster, you can receive notifications to your Slack or Email address.
- And done! After clicking the “Create New Notification” button, your report is ready!
Now, you are ready for unexpected changes with the help of heybooster, which you can start for free!
Thus, you can have information about critical metrics at any time and keep control.